Saturday, January 28, 2017

Farewell ArenaNet

Farewell ArenaNet


8+ happy years

This is a farewell from me. I am leaving ArenaNet after a little more than over 8 years of being here (my first day was 11/24/2003, it was so long ago that I was 21). This comes with a certain amount of sadness as this was my first job in the gaming industry. I first started doing ground textures for the original Guild Wars and I end it being the Concept Art Lead on Guild Wars 2. I’ve had a pretty good run, worked hard played hard, but all things must eventually come to an end. I am leaving to go search for new endeavors. For all I have done here, this is all I have done.

But now it’s time for me to go out into the world. ArenaNet and the Guild Wars franchise have done so much for my career and I will always be thankful for it. I am leaving great people, and a great game behind me. This game will be awesome and will be a success, and I look forward to seeing it being released. I look forward to all the awesome projects that have yet to be made here.

 I must say thank you ArenaNet and all the great fans of the Guild Wars franchise for all the love and support. Thank you for all the wonderful memories. This wouldn’t have happened without you. I hope everyone can understand and wish me luck in the new adventure I am about to take.

Mahalo nui loa,

Kekai “Cake” Kotaki

Available link for download