Monday, February 13, 2017

Farewell Bear Facts Timbuktu Im Sorry I Havent A Clue

Farewell Bear Facts Timbuktu Im Sorry I Havent A Clue


Just a short one this time, because this is the third one of these Ive written today. But more, including cut scene and notebook pictures, can as usual be found here. 

- This is the first time Carolyns had much to do in a Birling Day episode, and it makes me wish Id used her more in the others - Stephanie and Geoffrey play off each other particularly well. Ive always loved the line I thought perhaps youd died in Paris, but the early discussion between them here about the whereabouts of Timbuktu is another of my favourite Birling scenes.

- I like it that the effect on Martin of bending the rules is more or less the same as the effect on Arthur of trying to lie. Though, dammit, its just occurred to me for the first time now that when Martin says in Yverdon that he cannot think of any time hes bent the rules, hes forgetting this trip. Although on the other hand, he doesnt bend any aviation rules, so maybe its ok.

-----------------

In other news, Im very proud to say that Ive somehow managed to con my way onto Im Sorry I Havent A Clue for the second time. We recorded two episodes in Canterbury, the first of which went out on Monday, and the other of which will go out next week. So, if youve always wondered what Marvin Gayes Sexual Healing would sound like if sung, by me, to the tune of Morning Has Broken - and who hasnt? - you can satisfy your very natural curiosity here. 

Available link for download