Saturday, February 11, 2017

failing functional strength

failing functional strength


Ive definitely seen my core strength and overall functional strength dimish this year. Im mountain biking much less, maybe once week if that, not doing any back stretches or ab work.

With the slight loss in weight recently, my muscles look beefcake but just trying to pick up my kids across a stream or move boxes makes it readily apparent that my functional strength has dimished. Riding feels fine for the most part, but short rides dont create that cummulative fatigue in the upper body that you can only get from a long day on the mountain bike.

Yoga, pushups, some basic back stretches are all in order. Its more just a mental hurdle to get it on my radar. Im always bee-bopping back and forth full engagement from one thing to another and if its not right in front of me then I forget.

Available link for download